Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Is your skin feeling clogged?

What: Rejuvenating Anti-pollution facial
Where: The Orange Tree Studio, Breach Candy, Mumbai
Duration: 1 hour 15 mins
Price: Rs1600

I love pampering myself. Who doesn't? Facials, foot spas, massages, anything works for me. So last week I headed to Breach Candy to the newly-opened The Orange Tree Studio. Located on Mount Unique Road, the small salon is easy to miss. But once I entered, I realised looks can be deceiving because the interiors were more than a little spacious.

Mamata Joshi the owner of the studio ushered me in and introduced me to one of her senior beauticians who would give me a facial. I was a wee bit apprehensive because this was my first facial ever!

Anyway, I changed into a loose-fitted gown and got ready for my skin analysis. According to the beautician, I had sensitive skin, highly-active sebaceous glands and my pores were clogged too! She recommended a Rejuvenating Anti-pollution facial as she noticed that my forehead was tanned and my cheeks are prone to acne. Accordingly, she picked an appropriate cream and face mask to suit my skin.

First off, she used honey cleansing milk to cleanse my face and neck. Then she used a fresh strawberry scrub which I must say smelled delicious. (I've tried numerous strawberry scrubs and face washes and not one has smelled so natural.) The only thing I didn't like about the scrub was that initially it caused a burning sensation that was so bad I had to wash it off. But a few minutes later, everything was fine.

After that, my skin was ready for a steam which made it easier for the beautician to clean out my clogged pores. I like the fact that she was gentle on my skin and the clean up did not hurt me one single bit. She then applied a refreshing O3 whitening cream and left it for a while to remove the tan off my face. I was treated thereafter to what she called an Indian face massage. It gives you a natural facelift without being invasive!

If you thought that was all, you're wrong. The beautician used used a skin polishing device over my skin and then applied a caviar tightening mask which apparently is rich in vitamins, proteins and fatty acids! A long while later (I lost track of time), the mask was taken off and well, I saw the entire shape of my face. It was super cool… lol!

To complete the experience, I was given the most awesome back, shoulder, leg and arm massage with a mix of olive and aroma oil. It left my skin feeling soft and supple and I was transported to La La land!
Source:http://www.idiva.com/

1 comment:

  1. Head massage courses are becoming more popular. This is why I have also designed Indian Head massages courses online too so that other people in different countries can take advantage of this wonderful modality.

    ReplyDelete